Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win one of 2 pairs of tickets to see the Acoustic Strawbs.
See more events.
Incredible Kids, the charity for South Gloucestershire children with special needs, is looking for new premises to run sessions for families to spend quality time together.
The charity operates 3 evenings a week as a permanent set up. If anyone can help them find a new home, please email local organiser Jennie Prewett by email below.
The charity is looking either for a disused space in an existing building, to convert into a workshop, or a small piece of land near some existing facilities, where the charity can site a 20 foot square workshop. So for example, if you are a local business or a community facility with an unused part of your building you may wish to rent out, or someone who has an unused outbuilding, or if you have some hard standing with access to mains electricity and facilities, Yate Men's Shed would very much like to hear from you.
We're all being issued with smaller black bins, as South Glos Council work towards their aim of reducing the amount of waste that goes to landfill and improving recycling rates. Click below to find out more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Prisoner convicted of manslaughter absconds from Leyhill Prison
• Property News: Estate agents Leaders begins fundraising for Teenage Cancer Trust
• Property Market Comment with Steven Sawyer of Sawyers Estate Agents
• Property News: Five issues all landlords must consider in 2018
• GAZETTE COMMENT: Parking over allotments
Latest items from BBC News:
• Dark web paedophile Matthew Falder jailed for 32 years
• Theresa May's university review will not scrap fees
• 'Devil incarnate' football abuser jailed for 31 years
• Trump 'supportive' of improved gun background checks
• 'Extraordinary' dead heat in two-man bobsleigh