Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win a meal for two with wine at Thorn's Farm Wetherspoons.
See more events.
‘South Gloucestershire Spring Clean’ leaps into action again in 2018 and is the perfect opportunity for everyone to help keep towns, villages, streets, woodlands or green spaces free from litter.
The Council has extended the campaign for 2018 to allow more individuals and groups to join in. This year's Spring Clean will take place from 13 February to 14 May. Do come along and help clean up your local area this spring by organising or taking part in a litter pick.
Please book equipment required as far in advance as possible as numbers are limited. Click below to find out more. Let’s all help make South Gloucestershire a better and cleaner place to live and work!
Ready to brush up your maths, English or IT skills? Want to learn knitting or craft skills, or how to make your money go further. Click below to view Community Learning courses starting in January, and see the calendar for enrolment sessions...
Acton Court is said to be the most authentic Tudor building in England. The remaining East wing was built especially for a visit by Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn in 1535. Groups can book now for summer 2018. Access is with a professional guide only.
4 July to 12 August 2018, Wednesday – Sunday. No tours Sunday 12 August: closing event only.
Advance booking for Groups is essential. To book or for further information, please click below or call the Acton Court Information Line on 01454 228 224.
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Burglaries in Thornbury and Charfield linked by discovery of stolen jewellery box
• Fundraising campaign for Castle School vandalism clean-up close to reaching £500 target in matter of hours
• Could Bristol's new arena be built in South Gloucestershire?
• The Castle School set to reopen following removal of "vile" graffiti
• Lanes re-open on M5 after crash near Weston-super-Mare
Latest items from BBC News:
• Carillion was left with just £29m before going bankrupt
• US holds back $65m aid to Palestinians
• Terror trial: Big Ben among terror targets, court hears
• Disruption as heavy snow falls hit Scotland
• Trump's cognitive ability is normal, says White House doctor