Welcome to MyYate, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MyYate there's a chance to win a year's membership of your Active Centre, plus you could win a family ticket to the South Glos Show on August 6th and 7th.
See more events.
Calling all budding amateur photographers! Grab your camera and head to Ridge Wood nature reserve to capture your favourite images of summer in the woodland! Photographs can be of anything – plants, birds, animals, landscapes – as long as they are taken in Ridge Wood.
Prizes will be awarded for the best photograph in each of the following categories: Under 10s, 10-16 and Adult. Email your entries below by August 31st with your name, age and contact details.
Mark Crutchley, Director of Circadian Trust, a social enterprise that delivers sport and leisure facilities in partnership with South Gloucestershire Council, has been awarded the Third Sector Director of the Year award in the Institute of Directors (IoD) South West regional awards.
He will now go forward for a chance to be a national award winner, judged against all the other regional finalists this autumn.
Mark has been at the helm of the Circadian Trust since it was established just over ten years ago. Today it operates seven Active Leisure Centres in Thornbury, Bradley Stoke, Yate, Longwell Green, Kingswood, Patchway and Downend.
Photograph, paint or draw for posterity the fields to the north of Brinsham Park before they are developed. All entries will be compiled into an historic record. A small prize will be given to the winner to be judged on creative and imaginative observation capturing the essence of the area. Click below to find out more...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Thornbury and Yate MP Luke Hall - 'we must safeguard our economy'
• Avon and Somerset PCC Sue Mountstevens launches consultation on policing service
• Winterbourne students fundraise for Mexico charity trip
• Planned roadworks in the area for the coming week
• Civic centre saved but more staff to move to Yate under council savings
Latest items from BBC News:
• Reasons for leaving
• Brexit: Cameron to face EU leaders after vote to leave
• Jeremy Corbyn faces no-confidence motion from MPs
• Hodgson resigns after England defeat
• Ratings agencies downgrade UK credit rating after Brexit vote